Tuesday 3 August 2010

Natural History Museum


Hi All,

I am bringing back the blog. At least I'm going to try. I'm trying to do it using the iPad. You would think this would be somewhat simple, but I'm afraid the software just isn't there yet. Either it's that or I'm somewhat deficient using it. Maybe a little bit of both. Anyway here it goes, wish me luck.

This might be a little different than before mostly because I am limited in time and resources. I'm using blogpress to write the posts. It works great up until the save option appears, that's when things can go really bad. Sometimes it just quits, no reason it just turns off and goes back to the main screen. Not much of a problem except that none of your changes have actually been saved. So retyping gets really old, really fast. Save more often is my new motto and copy your new work before you try doing anything.

So, I'm back in London again, still working on the moth project through the Smithsonian and The Natural History Museum. I figured that the best way to start the blog up again was by visiting the museum I'm actually working at. So I became a tourist for a few hours and here a few of the things I saw.



The NHM has a fantastic dinosaur collection. The lines to get in this area tend to be huge but also tend to move along pretty fast. So don't worry you will probably get in to see the dinosaurs in under an hour.

All the people on the left are waiting to get in to see the dinos. Here are a couple of my favorites.

This is the Camarasaurus. No I am not going to make fun of it's name. I would if it was spelled Camerasaurus because one doesn't pass on something like that. But anyway this is the huge skeleton that you see when you first walk into the dino area.

That's all for now. Have to publish this and see if it works. If it does I'll continue with more dinosaurs later.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: